Homeopathy in Humans
A few facts about Homeopathy:
- Homeopathy works with the natural healing process and has been used successfully for almost 250 years.
- Homeopathy is safe to use, even in pregnancy and the very frail; not one incidence of harm has been recorded.
- Homeopathy can be used alongside conventional medicine.
- Homeopathy is non-toxic, non-addictive and is virtually free from side-effects.
- Homeopathy has been used for almost 250 years and is well established in Europe, India and South America.
- 500 million people worldwide use homeopathy.
- Homeopathy has been available on the NHS since its inception in 1948.
- Homeopathic medicines are not tested on animals. The British Homeopathic Association emphatically does not fund any research that involves experiments on living animals.
- There is a growing evidence-base to show that homeopathy is effective in a wide range of conditions seen in general practice.
Research has demonstrated that homeopathy is not the same as placebo.
- Five out of six meta-analyses of homeopathy in the last 20 years show overall positive effects for homeopathy in the following human conditions: hay fever, post-operative ileus, rheumatoid arthritis, and childhood diarrhoea.
- Randomised controlled trials using homeopathy show a positive outcome for a growing range of human conditions – asthma, glue-ear, influenza, pain, anxiety, ADHD, chronic fatigue syndrome, IBS, migraine, osteoarthritis and PMS.
- There is a healthy research culture across Europe – 35 PhD students are investigating homeopathy in this country alone in 2008.
Book an appoinment
Dr. Nick Thompson
BSc (Vet Sci) Hons, BVM&S, VetMFHom, MRCVS.
The Veterinary Practice
Wadswick Country Store
SN13 8JB (Sat Nav: SN13 0NY)
Tel: 01225 487778
During the Covid Crisis, I am able to give advice to animals not in my direct care.
If you have a dog and you would like to consult with me, we can arrange telemedicine consultations. We are happy to talk to you from anywhere in the world. Telephone is usually sufficient, but Zoom and Skype can also be easily arranged.
New Policy for 2021: Our commitment to raw and fresh food feeding is total. We are unable to see your dog if you are unwilling or unable to consider feeding your dog a raw or fresh food diet.