Homeopathy in Humans
A few facts about Homeopathy:
- Homeopathy works with the natural healing process and has been used successfully for almost 250 years.
- Homeopathy is safe to use, even in pregnancy and the very frail; not one incidence of harm has been recorded.
- Homeopathy can be used alongside conventional medicine.
- Homeopathy is non-toxic, non-addictive and is virtually free from side-effects.
- Homeopathy has been used for almost 250 years and is well established in Europe, India and South America.
- 500 million people worldwide use homeopathy.
- Homeopathy has been available on the NHS since its inception in 1948.
- Homeopathic medicines are not tested on animals. The British Homeopathic Association emphatically does not fund any research that involves experiments on living animals.
- There is a growing evidence-base to show that homeopathy is effective in a wide range of conditions seen in general practice.
Research has demonstrated that homeopathy is not the same as placebo.
- Five out of six meta-analyses of homeopathy in the last 20 years show overall positive effects for homeopathy in the following human conditions: hay fever, post-operative ileus, rheumatoid arthritis, and childhood diarrhoea.
- Randomised controlled trials using homeopathy show a positive outcome for a growing range of human conditions – asthma, glue-ear, influenza, pain, anxiety, ADHD, chronic fatigue syndrome, IBS, migraine, osteoarthritis and PMS.
- There is a healthy research culture across Europe – 35 PhD students are investigating homeopathy in this country alone in 2008.
Book an appoinment
Dr. Nick Thompson
Dr. Nick Thompson
BSc (Vet Sci) Hons, BVM&S, VetMFHom, MRCVS.
Tel: 01225 487778
Fax: 07092 233930